
When using an interactive website, its easy to want to ask simple questions rather than thought provoking questions unless you really work with the website and all that it has to offer. I like the idea of making them use the information and take it even further by making them use all of the websites features as well as other resources to compare to the information given. For example, I brought up on my assignment that population would be a great statistic to add to the information given and to think about why the consumption could be higher for smaller countries.
I also think it's important to remind students to always think about where the information is coming from and when the data was gathered. What I love about the internet, technology and science is that it is always changing and I like to remind my students that they will be the face of our future in all of these things. They will be making these sites in the future, they will be contributing to these statistics.
No comments:
Post a Comment